Everyone wants the safest, healthiest home environment for their families. You would do anything to protect your loved ones from exposure to any substance that could cause them harm. RestoreUnow wants to improve your quality of life and environment in your home.

One of those feared substances is “mold” and with what you have seen in the news in recent years, exposure to harmful or “toxic” mold has affected the health of countless people — folks just like you.

This brings up the all-important questions: Just exactly how dangerous is mold in homes? Is mold affecting my health? How does mold come into my home?

That’s a tricky question, because there are many types of mold and mold is virtually everywhere. There is probably a little bit in your basement right now. Your shoes when you came home yesterday no doubt brought in a few mold spores. Mold spores can be in breathable space and travel in the air. Remember to call RestoreUnow for a free inspection.

When you step outside, you are surrounded by mold. There’s nothing you can do about that. The main concern is usually what’s in the home, not outside, although if you are sensitive to mold you should avoid all damp areas that could promote mold growth, inside and out.

Some people are affected by even the smallest amounts of mold. They may have nasal issues, watery eyes, coughing and other physical reactions. A smaller segment of the population are very sensitive to exposure to mold, having severe reactions that can be life threatening. Others aren’t affected at all, and can be around and/or exposure to all types of molds with no apparent sensitivities. These are the lucky people.

The CDC has plenty of information for those concerned with mold in homes. One of the issues they raise is keeping moisture out of homes. “Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding,” according to the CDC government website.

The issue is twofold if mold is growing in your home. You should have a restoration company (RestoreUnow) clean it up or have it cleaned up, and you must fix the moisture problem. You can do your research on how to fix the problem, but the best solution is, no doubt, getting expert advice from your professional water damage restoration contractor (RestoreUnow) or mold removal or remediation company. Keep your family safe. Remember to call us at 301-679-0465 for a free inspection and estimate. You can check us out online at www.restoreunow.com. We look forward to assisting you with any water and mold issues that you may have.

Kindest Regards,

Michael Phelps

Certified Mold Professional

ICRA & IICRC Certified

301-679-0465

RestoreUnowMD@gmail.com

www.restoreunow.com