Urbana High School is a public high school in Ijamsville, Maryland that offers many activities to the students. The school is well known for its high performing athletics department and wide variety of after school clubs. A few of these include:
– Math Team: This team goes on to compete in local, state, and national competitions every year with other schools from all over the country. The teams consist of at least 60 students and their coach has been teaching there since 1976.
– Model United Nations (MUN): This club participates in various MUN conferences locally and nationally each year which are sponsored by Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY). These conferences are hosted by universities across the world allowing nearly 2000 delegates from around 100 schools to participate.
– FIRST Robotics Competition: This club competes in the worldwide robotics competition every year and has won many awards for their teamwork, creativity, and ingenuity.
– Mock Trial: The team participates in mock trial competitions against other schools each year that are held locally, regionally, and nationally. They have been featured on local news stations for their impressive performances.
– Science Olympiad: This team goes onto compete in regional and state conferences with other teams from all over Maryland competing to make it to the national conference hosted by University of Maryland, College Park (UMD). They consistently place within the top 3 of this competition as well as win individual awards such as Best Experiment or Most Creative in Regional Competitions.
11380 Canary Drive, Ijamsville MD, 21754