Sump pumps are designed to protect your property from flooding by channeling excess water that collects in the sump basin out through a pipe leading to the exterior of the building. If this process should fail due to improper installation, incorrect sizing, equipment malfunction, blockage, or lack of maintenance, the resulting flood can be devastating to your structure and belongings.
If you discover standing water in your basement, it is important to call the experts at RestoreUnow as quickly as possible to prevent further damage.
Our team of restoration experts is experienced and certified, and you can reach us 24/7, 365 days a year. RestoreUnow provides efficient, reliable water extraction and restoration services to homes and businesses throughout central Maryland, including Frederick, Gaithersburg, Potomac, Rockville, and Urbana.
Contact us online today to learn more.
About Our Process
A sump pump can fail for any number of reasons, and even the most well-maintained system may become overwhelmed during catastrophic storm activity or shut down during a power failure. Regardless of the cause, water damage can start to occur instantly, and mold and mildew growth may begin in as little as 24 hours. Our cleanup process is efficient and thorough and includes the following steps:
- Identify the reason for the sump pump backup and take the necessary steps to halt the flow of water.
- Specialized water removal equipment is used to extract the water from the affected area.
- Your belongings are inventoried, removed, and categorized for restoration or drying.
- Carpet and underlayment are inspected and either cleaned or removed as needed.
- Disposal of items and structural materials that are unsalvageable including drywall, insulation, baseboards, or flooring.
- Installation of industrial-grade drying equipment to dry the area.
- Perform a thorough inspection of the area using moisture detectors and other specialized equipment to detect hidden moisture.
- Arrange for repairs to your structure, including flooring, paint, and drywall.
Our goal is to return your home to its pre-flood condition as quickly as possible while ensuring that all traces of moisture have been removed.
Trust our team at RestoreUnow—call us at 301-452-7531 or contact us online.
Services You Can Rely On
You can rely on the team of certified professionals at RestoreUnow to efficiently and effectively handle the extraction, cleanup, and restoration of your home or business. Our technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured for added peace of mind, and each one is dedicated to the highest standards for quality and customer service.
Call RestoreUnow today at 301-452-7531
For years, our team members have been expertly assessing and diagnosing flooding issues – including those caused by sump pump disfunction. We not only know what to look for but how to outline the most efficient course of action and implement the immediate resolution to get your home restored to a dry and damage-free state as quickly as possible.
Finding Reliable Sump Pump Damage Repair Experts Near You
An effective sump pump flooding remediation process will address every aspect of the situation – from the root cause to the cleanup and sanitizing and should also include any necessary repair plans for structural or mechanical damages. Finding a qualified cleanup specialist requires knowing what to look for, so here are a few things for you to keep in mind when shopping for potential professionals:
1. Proper Equipment. A moisture damage cleanup job involving a sump pump flooding will require special equipment to handle the excessive moisture and potential damage repairs. Look for professionals who have industrial-grade equipment to thoroughly rid your home of all remnants of water and get your space dried completely.
2. Protocol for Item Handling. Since oftentimes our basements are storage areas for some of our treasured belongings, it’s important to know anyone tasked with the restoration process has an appropriate protocol for handling these items. Ask about inventory and disposal procedures for the items handled by the cleanup crew to know your belongings are in good hands.
3. Comprehensive Planning. Your remediation process doesn’t end with the removal of the floodwaters, and neither should your professional cleanup crew’s services. Find a professional service that goes the extra mile and helps you with a comprehensive plan to finish all additional work needed to restore any structural damage or item recovery services.
Why Choose Our Sump Pump Damage Cleanup Service Specialists
At RestoreUnow, we know what a major frustration a backed-up sump pump can cause and it’s our goal to help you minimize that stress. We are here with our expert knowledge and high-powered equipment to not only take care of your flood damage issues but help you outline a plan of attack to finish restoring your home to its pre-flood state. Our staff will handle your items with the greatest care and are happy to work with you at every step to ensure your space and belongings receive the utmost care.