Providing services in the District of Columbia and thesE counties: Frederick, Washington, Carroll, Howard, Montgomery & Baltimore.
- Up to $1,000 deductible assistance
- $0 down, $0 out of pocket many times
- 24/7 live calls
- On our way in 60 minutes or less
- Free estimates
- Certified and approved to work with all insurance companies
Quality Services You Can Trust
Your property can be a handy place to store infrequently used items, but chances are it's not a place you visit often unless you have to. Because it is so far removed from the main living area, any number of issues can remain undetected for long periods of time, including moisture. This can be further compounded by the presence of wiring and plumbing routed through this area for ease of access, and increases the risk of danger during remediation.
At RestoreUnow, our team of experienced, trained professionals has the knowledge and equipment needed to successfully restore your property back to normal.
Call RestoreUnow at 301-452-7531 for 24/7 services.
How to Detect Potential Damage
Even the smallest amount of leakage from pipes or other sources of moisture can cause damage if left alone and may be a warning sign of a larger, more catastrophic event to come. Other associated risks include:
- Mold – It only needs three things to grow: spores, adequate moisture, and organic materials such as wood, paper, or drywall. Whether the area is slightly damp or saturated with water, the potential for spore growth is the same and should be investigated.
- Structural damage – The flooring, walls, beams, and structural supports can incur damage from water, which can threaten the integrity and safety of your home and lead to costly repairs.
- Sewage – A broken sewer line can cause a backup of raw sewage into your crawl space, and it's important to call a qualified professional to assess and clean the area due to the potential risks to your health.
- Poor indoor air quality – Mildew growth and other forms of contamination can make their way into your HVAC network through vents or exposed ducts, triggering a reaction in those with allergies or asthma.
Avoid Moisture Damage In Your Home
- Perform routine inspections – Make a point of inspecting your home on a quarterly basis, at the start of each season. Be on the lookout for signs of a leak from water pipes and call a licensed plumber to address any issues. Water can enter your property through cracks in exterior walls, so be sure to seal these areas as needed. Seepage may also occur through the floor causing damage to stored items, and this issue may be resolved with the installation of a sump pump.
- Use your keen sense of smell – Mold and mildew have a distinct, musty odor, which is a sure sign that there is an excess of moisture and possible moisture damage in your household.
- Utilize technology – Smart leak detectors are stand-alone units that can be placed in your crawl space, basement, or other areas to detect water leaks. These battery-operated units use Bluetooth technology to send a notification to your smartphone within minutes of detecting water, and there are a number of models on the market with various features to suit your unique needs and configuration.
Need The Help of Experts? Call Today!
Our technicians are expertly trained to not only immediately detect and address potential crawl space flooding issues but will help you identify issues before they occur going forward. We strive to make sure our customers are able to keep their homes and businesses safe and free from structural damage or bacterial and fungal infestations – all of which can be caused by flooding left to fester in a crawl space. We will work tirelessly to remediate the situation as well as arm you with the knowledge you need to keep your structures safe in the future.
Finding Qualified Crawl Space Water Damage Cleanup Experts Near You
When you detect a flooding issue in your crawl space – whether it’s an immediate call or something that was left undetected for months – you need to know how to find a qualified contractor to restore your structure to health. While many restoration experts can offer a variety of services, there are a few essential criteria to look for before hiring any professional cleanup crew:
1. Specializations. Since crawl space floods can often go unnoticed for much longer periods than if flooding occurs in regularly utilized spaces, the potential for more severe damage is a very big concern. Make sure you hire a contractor who specializes in the proper protocol for mold remediation and structural damage and restoration as well.
2. Customer Service. While it’s important to know you’re hiring experts in flood damage repair, it should also be important to find a contractor who excels in customer service and communication. You want to find a professional who can help empower you to curb any potential future flooding issues as well.
3. Advanced Technology. Today’s technology allows us to detect moisture and flooding damage almost immediately. Finding a contractor who is current on the technological advancements can help arm you with additional ways to protect your home digitally going forward.
Why Choose Us For Your Crawl Space Water Damage Repair Needs
At RestoreUnow, we are committed to offering local residents the most thorough moisture damage restoration process available. We are expertly trained and certified to handle all flooding issues – large or small – and have a proven process to return your home to comfortable and healthy conditions in no time. All of our teams are kept current on the latest technologies and trends as well, equipping us with the most up-to-date information available. Give us a call today to see how we can help you flood-proof your home and keep your family safe from the dangers of moisture damage.
We're Here to Help